Tue, Dec 10|
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
EGE - POWERful placements in startups
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the first edition of the Erasmus Going Entrepreneurial conference series. The first conference will take place on 10th December, 2019 in Thessaloniki, Greece with a specific focus on impactful placements in startups.
Time & Location
Dec 10, 2019, 10:00 AM
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 546 36, Greece
About the Event
As part of a series of events under the overarching topic of University-Business cooperation and entrepreneurship, the first Erasmus Going Entrepreneurial (EGE) conference will be a place to gain insights, share experiences and learn more about practical tools and solutions to increase the collaboration between Academia and Industry, as well as to strengthen partnerships at transnational and trans-sectoral level.
The conference will be an opportunity
- To learn about concrete examples and innovative solutions that aim to facilitate impactful, mutually-beneficial and skills-focussed placement experience for BA, MA and PhD students;
- To understand the needs and the nature of placements in startups as well as how startups and students can add value to each other;
- To share concrete tools, services and resources aimed to allow universities to further increase the accessibility and quality of Erasmus+ placements and engage in meaningful cooperation with European incubators;
- To network and establish closer cooperation between Incubators and Universities.
Erasmus Going Entrepreneurial: New pathways for Erasmus+ placements (10.00 - 13.00)
- Opening and official welcome
- The next Erasmus+ programme: what (new) opportunities for placements abroad will it bring?
- Placement Opportunities with Entrepreneurial Reach: placements that emPOWER
- Placements for doctoral candidates and internationalisation of PhD studies
- Erasmus Going Entrepreneurial (Questions & Answers)
Networking lunch and poster exhibition (13.00 -14.00)
University-Industry cooperation: current practices and the way forward (14.00 - 16.00)
- Expectations vs Reality: how to maximize the impact of placement experience?
- Placements in startups: how to engage? (practical sessions)
- University-Incubator collaboration: growing ecosystem to emPOWER students and startups
- Conference conclusions and closing
Social activities and networking (16.00 onwards)
More detailed information about the conference programme and speakers will be available in the coming weeks.
Poster exhibition will be organised throughout the event and participants are invited to share information about ongoing initiatives and inspiring practices to foster University-Industry cooperation.
Conference admission is free of charge.
Registration is open until December 5th, 2019.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Thessaloniki!
AUTH Research Committee - Research Dissemination Center (KEDEA)
Aristotle University Campus 3rd Septemvriou str. 54636